Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mother I am!

Diaper changed? Check!
Potty flushed? Check!
Bottles made? Check! 
Vomit uprising thwarted? Double check!
Diaper changed again? Check
Mommy hugs given and re-given? Check, check, and triple check!

Alone time? Computing!
Relaxation? Still computing!
Yoga session? Really! Canceled!
Life devoted to babies? Ding! Ding! Ding!

The alarms ring daily at 7:30am when He begins to cry! She begins to stir and her head pops up shortly thereafter! Looking around bleary eyed she stretches and immediately begins to scream! Her screams are like those of a banshee - full of woe and threatening an expulsion of the contents remaining within her stomach. There is no sleeping through this chaos! They have won! And I eagerly give in to their needs! 

-- Despite my morning defeat! I have not lost! Rather, I am victorious! For I am mother! Mother I am!








No comments:

Post a Comment