Thursday, October 18, 2012

RA sucks

RA is such a weird creature. It is not fully understood but is capable of wreaking havoc upon the human form. As an auto-immune condition it is the perfect weapon in that it turns the body against itself. From twisting and bending bones until they are permanently knarled like that of an exposed tree root to taking the organs on a roller coasters ride of abuse and destruction - RA can and does destroy the body from the inside out in an effort to rid the body of what it perceives to be the enemy - itself.

It is a shame that the condition is often overlooked and is relatively unknown. The average person has  never heard of RA. And because they have never heard of RA, they assume that the condition cannot be that bad. That is, if society and the media has not graced the "common mind" with detailed information of RA then it must not exist or could not possibly affect a person as deeply and wholly as it does - right? But what then do you say to the wheel chair bound former runner or the mom of two who can't bathe herself or hug her children?

I digress - I just had to say my piece. I guess I am just tired of the uninformed telling me I just have to get up and move around or that the pain cannot be that bad.

Grrr...

www.avry.whyambitworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment